A company is a corporate structure with a separate legal personality. It is statutorily regulated and incorporated for the purpose of profit maximization. A One-Person Company must be registered in accordance with the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA) 2020, which is the principal law that regulates companies in Nigeria. The requirements for registering a company in Nigeria are straightforward with no intricacies.
Criteria for Registering One-Person Company
One should fulfill the following eligibility criteria before registering as One-Person Company in Nigeria:
- A natural person who is a resident of Nigeria can form OPC in the preceding calendar year.
- Only one member can form an OPC.
- The name should be unique and should not be similar to any other existing company and trademark.
- There must be a least one director.
- In the case of OPC, the minimum share capital is 100,000 naira.
- One Person Company must include in its name; ‘LTD’ or ‘Limited’ or ‘Private Limited.
Requirements for registering a One-Person Company in Nigeria
To complete the Registration of Your One-Person Company in Nigeria, you’ll have to provide the following details upon Submission;
- Proposed Name of the Company (2 Names).
- The objectives and nature of business of the company.
- Address of the company.
- The share capital and shareholding formula among shareholders.
- Memorandum of Association and Article of Association (MEMART) – We’ll provide both MOA & AOA for free.
- Details of Shareholder and Director(s). Details such as; names, occupations, residential addresses, email addresses, mobile phone numbers, and means of identification (National Identification Card, Data Page of International Passport, Driver’s Licence, or Voter’s Card).
SplashDict is equipped with accredited experts and the necessary resources to assist you to complete the One-Person Company Incorporation in Nigeria.
- Delivery of Certificate Of Company incorporation.
- Drafting and digital delivery of approved Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association (MEMART).
- Delivery of Status Report.
- Delivery of Certified True Copy of Application Form.
- FIRS’ Tax Identification Number Inclusive.
- 3 to 14 Business Days Delivery.